Configuring Network Connectivity
This module explains the use of tools such as the Settings app, Network and Sharing Center, and Windows PowerShell to configure network settings. It describes the differences between IPv4 and IPv6 settings, and the benefits of IPv6. It also describes name resolution and provides an overview of the Domain Name System (DNS) service. This module describes the configuration of wireless connectivity in Windows 10, and explains remote access methods available in Windows 10, such as Virtual Private Networks (VPNs), DirectAccess, and Remote Desktop.
- Configuring IP Network Connectivity
- Implementing Name Resolution
- Implementing Wireless Network Connectivity
- Overview of Remote Access
Lab: Configuring Network Connectivity
- Configuring IP Settings Manually
- Configuring Automatic IP Settings
- Configuring DNS Settings
- Testing Name Resolution
After completing this module, students will be able to:
- Describe how to configure IP network connectivity.
- Implement name resolution.
- Implement wireless network connectivity.
- Describe options for remote access in Windows 10.