Managing Network Security
This module describes common network-related security threats, and describes options to mitigate them. It describes Windows Firewall, IPsec connection security rules, and Windows Defender, and how to configure these tools to manage network security.
- Overview of Network-Related Security Threats
- Windows Firewall
- Connection Security Rules
- Windows Defender
Lab: Managing Network Security
- Creating and Testing Inbound Rules
- Creating and Testing Outbound Rules
- Creating and Testing Connection Security Rules
- Configuring Windows Defender
After completing this module, students will be able to:
- Describe network-related security threats and options for mitigating them.
- Use Windows Firewall to mitigate security threats.
- Configure IPsec connection security rules.
- Use Windows Defender to protect devices from network-related threats.