This SQL Fundamentals training teaches you how to write SQL queries to access data stored in an Oracle Database schema. Learn to manipulate data and use various types of functions for customizing data output. It introduces you to the fundamentals of SQL using Oracle Database technology and you will Learn the concepts of relational databases and the powerful SQL programming language. You will also learn essential SQL skills that allow developers to write queries against single and multiple tables, manipulate data in tables, and create database objects.
Participants learn to use single row functions to customize output, use conversion functions and conditional expressions. In addition, the usage of group functions to report aggregated data is also dealt with. Demonstrations and hands-on practice reinforce the fundamental concepts. This SQL Fundamentals training teaches you how to write SQL queries to access data stored in an Oracle Database schema. Learn to manipulate data and use various types of functions for customizing data output.Use Oracle SQL Developer as the main tool and SQL*Plus is available as an optional tool.
- Application Developers
- Forms Developer
- PL/SQL Developer
- Reports Developer
- Technical Consultant
- Portal Developer
- Functional Implementer
- End Users
At Course Completion
You will learn to:
- Retrieve row and column data from tables with the SELECT statement.
- Create reports of sorted data.
- Display data from multiple tables.
- Use DML statements to manage data.
- Use DDL statements to manage database objects.
- Create reports of restricted data.
Benefits To You:
Gain expertise in relational database data management as you learn how to effectively use SQL commands against your business data. These features will help you query and manipulate data within the database, use the dictionary views to retrieve metadata and create reports about their schema objects.
Familiarity with data processing concepts and techniques.
Professional Exam(s)Exam 1Z0-051: Oracle Database 11g – SQL Fundamentals I
- Retrieve Data Using the SQL SELECT Statement
- Restrict and Sort Data
- Use Single-Row Functions to Customize Output
- Conversion Functions and Conditional Expressions
- Aggregated Data Using Group Functions
- Display Data From Multiple Tables Using Joins
- Use Sub-queries to Solve Queries
- SET Operators
- Data Manipulation
- Use DDL Statements to Create and Manage Tables
- Other Schema Objects