In this class you will learn to launch your website quickly with the help of a quick WordPress installation guide; create a quality website with a proper assembly of important subpages; install and work with plugins and widgets; install and create attractive themes for your website; create custom menus to improve the user experience of your website; upload multimedia content such as images, audio, and video easily and effectively.
More than just providing an easy way to make a good looking web site or blog, WordPress was developed with search engine optimization in mind. The class also covers how to use powerful SEO plugins so that you will be more easily found online.
Anyone new to WordPress or who is self-taught on the product is a good candidate for this course. No prior WordPress knowledge is needed. No prior web development or programming skills are required. This course is designed for non-technical users who are more interested in content management and search engine optimization than the technical aspects of web site creation.
- Setup and Configure WordPress
- Administering WordPress, Theme and Plugin Updates
- Creating and Administering Posts
- Creating and Administering Pages
- Creating and Administering Menus
- Configuring Website Settings
- Media Library
- Theme Installation and Configuration
- Understanding Plugins and Widgets
- Administering User Accounts
- Comments and Discussions
- Additional Plugins