Windows Server security
This module describes Windows Server security features and how to implement them. The module covers credentials used in Windows Server and explains how to implement privileged access protection. In addition to describing methods and technologies for hardening Windows Server security, the module explains how to configure Just Enough Administration (JEA) and how to secure SMB traffic. Finally, the module covers Windows Update, its deployment and management options.
- Credentials and privileged access protection in Windows Server
- Hardening Windows Server
- Just Enough Administration in Windows Server
- Securing and analyzing SMB traffic
- Windows Server update management
Lab : Configuring sercurity in Windows Server
- Configuring Windows Defender Credential Guard
- Locating problematic accounts
- Implementing LAPS
After completing this module, students will be able to:
- Describe credentials used in Windows Server.
- Explain how to implement privileged access protection.
- Describe methods and technologies to harden security in Windows Server.
- Describe and configure Just Enough Administration (JEA).
- Secure SMB traffic in Windows Server.
- Describe Windows Update and its deployment and management options.