This instructional guide is designed to help you prepare for the Certified Blockchain Professional examination.
It specifies the key knowledge sections you must be familiar with in order to pass the examination and become certified and credentialed as a Certified Blockchain Professional.
As a CBCP, your knowledge level and expertise in these areas will be focused on knowing what the various different technologies are, along with the specific problems they solve. You will be expected to be an expert in the application of blockchain and related technologies to business and organizational situations, rather than in knowing how to program, implement and develop the technologies themselves.
This guide is meant as an overview to help you prepare for the examination, and not as a comprehensive list of all the topics that can appear in the test. New technologies arise, and the technological landscape keeps evolving. As a result, you must stay on top of current trends and the evolution of Blockchain technology. The topics in the examination are available for study as part of the Certified Blockchain Professional Curriculum and Examination learning path. The CBCP examination consists of 90 questions covering the six (6) subject areas presented in this guide, and must be completed in one take, within a 60-minu
The six (6) knowledge areas and key topics in which you will be tested are:
- Terminology – Key terms, concepts and language in blockchain technology.
- How blockchains Work – How do blockchains work and what are common elements among them
- Centralized vs. Distributed Ledger Technology – How do Distributed and Centralized Ledgers differ? How are they the same?
- Blockchain vs. Distributed Ledger Technology –In what ways are blockchain technology and Distributed Ledger Technology (DLT) the same? How do they differ?
- Blockchain Security – What are security areas of importance in blockchain?
- Types of Blockchains – What are different possible types of blockchains?
- Benefits of Blockchain – What are the key benefits of blockchains?
- Challenges of Blockchain – What are challenges in using blockchain technology?
- Terminology – Key terms, concepts and language in Bitcoin.
- History of Money – The development and history of money as a means of exchange.
- How Bitcoin Works – How does Bitcoin work?
- History of Bitcoin – The birth and history of Bitcoin, as well as key participants in the history of Bitcoin.
- Bitcoin Ecosystem – Key organizations and important players in the world of Bitcoin.
- Cryptography and Encryption Types – Define and explain the use of cryptographic terms, as well as the basic types of encryption and decryption involved in Bitcoin.
- Wallets – Define the distinct types of Bitcoin wallets available, their benefits and challenges, as well as their use and application.
- Bitcoin Clients – Define the differences between lightweight and full clients, as well as the characteristics of each.
- Key Management – Know how to manage public and private keys safely.
- Secure Use of Bitcoin – What are best practices in the safe use of Bitcoin?
- Transactions – Describe how Bitcoin transactions work along with the parties and individual elements involved.
- Mining – Define the mining process as well as the roles and value of miners in the Bitcoin network.
- Consensus – How is consensus achieved? Why is it important?
- Vulnerabilities – What are vulnerabilities in Bitcoin? How can they be addressed?
- Bitcoin in Commerce – Where is Bitcoin being used in commerce? What are benefits and challenges of using Bitcoin in commerce?
- Bitcoin Value – How is the value of a bitcoin determined?
- Bitcoin Regulation – What does the global regulatory landscape look like for Bitcoin?
3.Business Application of Blockchain Technology
- Business Value of Blockchain Technology – What is the value that blockchain brings to business
- When to and When Not to Use Blockchain Technology – What are beneficial uses of blockchain in business? In what business situations is blockchain not recommended?
- Business Areas Where Blockchain Technology Is Being Applied – Key areas and business verticals where blockchain technology is being implemented.
- Distributed Consensus Ledgers in Business – What are distributed consensus ledgers? How are they being leveraged in business? What is their impact?
- Preparing a Business for Blockchain Technology – What steps must be taken when considering implementing blockchain based solutions in a business? What are the opportunities and challenges?
- Blockchain and Other Technologies – The role of blockchain as a “force multiplier” in combination with other technologies such as Internet of Things (IoT), Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Big Data.
- Blockchain Beyond the Finance Industry – What industries and verticals is blockchain currently being implemented in, and where do opportunities exist beyond the finance industry?
- Terminology – Key terms, concepts and language in cryptocurrency.
- History of Cryptocurrency – How did the concept of cryptocurrencies arise, what are key moments and who are participants in the history of cryptocurrency?
- Cryptocurrencies Beyond Bitcoin – What other types of cryptocurrency exist beyond Bitcoin? How are they different? Why are they relevant?
- Consensus Beyond Proof-of-Work – What other types of consensus algorithms exist beyond Proof-of-Work? What are the benefits and associated challenges with these other consensus approaches?
- Blockchain Tokens – What are blockchain Tokens? How are they used and why are they relevant?
- Initial Coin Offerings (ICOs) – What is an Initial Coin Offering? What does it consist of? What are the opportunities and challenges associated with ICOs?
- Cryptocurrency Values – How are the different cryptocurrency values determined?
5. Smart Contracts
- Terminology – Key terms, concepts and language in smart contracts.
- History of Smart Contracts – How did smart contracts arise and who are the key participants in the history of Smart Contracts?
- Types of Smart Contracts – What are common types of smart contracts?
- Leading Smart Contract Platforms – What are the leading platforms being used in developing and executing smart contracts?
- Types of Smart Contract Programming Languages – Which are the most common types of computer programming languages being used to develop smart contracts?
- Benefits of Smart Contracts – What are the key benefits of using smart contracts over other types of contracts and agreements?
- Challenges of Smart Contracts – What are challenges associated with using smart contracts? What are situations where it may not be advisable to use smart contracts?
- Terminology – Key terms, concepts and language in Decentralized Applications (DApps)
- History of Decentralized Applications – How did decentralized applications arise and who are the key participants in the history of decentralized applications?
- Decentralized Application platforms – What are the leading platforms being used to develop and execute decentralized applications?
- Types of Decentralized Applications (DApps) – What are the different types of DApps available? What is possible to develop as a DApp?
- Decentralized Autonomous Organizations (DAOs) and Distributed Autonomous Corporations (DACs) – What are DAOs and DACs? What are the key characteristics of decentralized autonomous organizations?
- The role of Blockchain in Distributed Computing – What role does Blockchain technology play in a distributed computing environment?
- Benefits of Decentralized Applications – In what ways are decentralized applications beneficial?
- Challenges of Decentralized Applications – What are the challenges involved with using decentralized applications?